I released the Exchange Custom Loop Add-on November 20, 2014. iThemes Exchange is a great plugin to setup an e-commerce site without a lot of the overhead that usually comes with the larger e-commerce plugins, yet it is extendable and new add-ons are released frequently.
The Custom Loop add-on offers a number of options to assemble a customised page of products, the store page. Key features are:
- Display store in List or Grid View
- Define the number of products per page, and add pagination
- Select categories and/or product types to show
- Select the order in which products should be displayed
- Choose whether or not to display “Order by” and “Grid/List” view on the store page
Download and Activate
You can download the plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
To install the plugin, download and activate the plugin as you would any other plugin. Once activated, it should also be enabled as an Exchange add-on. You can verity this by checking the “add-ons” section in the Exchange menu. Note that there is no separate plugin options page, as all options and settings can be configured per page.
A closer look at the options
Once activated, the plugin adds an option to the “Write Page” screen below the content block of the page:
When ticked, all add-on related options will be displayed. These should all be self-explanatory:
Display store in List or Grid View
Define the number of products per page, and add pagination
Select categories and/or product types to show
Select the order in which products should be displayed
Choose whether or not to display “order by” and “Grid/List” view on the store page
When all settings are saved, and the page is published, you’re all set. The page can be added to your menu, and the products will be displayed according to these settings.
- 2014-11-21 – 1.0.1 – Fixed an issue where the grid/list toggle wasn’t working on new installs
- 2014-11-19 – 1.0.0 – initial release
For support, please use the relevant Support section on the WordPress plugin repository.